Friday, February 17, 2012

Storage Ottomans Make Me Look More Like a Normal Person and Less Like a Crazy Cat Lady



Its a stool, its a foot rest, its a cubby... no, it's a STORAGE OTTOMAN.  My recent discovery of storage ottomans has made my life a little less cluttered.  These things are such a brilliant design!  It is basically a piece of furniture that you can put stuff in.  There are different designs, but they are all hollowed out furniture with tops, so you can store a myriad of objects in them.  It is a such a simple idea- I wish I had discovered these back when I lived in dorms.

Still even for my house the storage ottoman I have invested in are great.  I have three cats, and we love to buy cat toys.  Having mice, balls, wands and all sorts of cat toys is normal to us, but we try to keep it on the down low when house guest come over.  Now we store all our cat toys in a storage ottoman that also functions as a stool in our living room.

Here is a list of different types of ottomans.

Traditional storage ottoman- The first of the storage ottoman designs is meant to be put next to an easy chair as a stool or foot rest.  It is great for storing throw blankets that you may use to cover you while sitting on the easy chair.  Also, it is great from hiding those special candy bars you didn't want to share with your husband and kids.  ;)



Coffee table ottoman- A coffee table you can put stuff inside of; even your children and small pets.  Those magazines and remotes that are cluttering your table or mysteriously go missing all the time can now be stored in the storage ottoman for easy access.
                                     




Bench storage ottoman- The are great to at the end of the bed or as a bench in any room to sit on.  It is a pretty big storage ottoman, and allows you to store lots of your junk.  I've recently been using our one that sat empty for a while as my "in between" laundry pile.  Usually I wait until two or three wears of a pair of jeans before washing them, and this is a great place to store them.  

                                       

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hmm, well now you've got me thinking. I just realized that I have a few blankets sitting out that could definitely use a designated space.

Furthermore, I often find myself resting my feet on my coffee table for lack of better options.

This may be a solution for me!